Quickstart: One-Click Email Survey
Email surveys that can be answered with one click. Unlike other survey distributions, you can only specify 1 question. Also, only question types and variants that supports single click answering mechanism are eligible. For example, text question type can't be used for one-click email survey since it requires text input from users and can't be answered in a single click.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have added at least 1 email profile. This is required for us to send the survey via email.
Setting up One-Click Email Survey
Go to surveys page and add a new survey. For distribution, select One-Click Email.
On survey setup, you would need to specify your question and add at least 1 default action to close off a survey.
You can specify number of days to lookback and deduplicate so you can avoid sending surveys to the recipient with same email. This is especially useful when you are using multiple triggers like Salesforce and Shopify to automatically send surveys since different systems may have overlapping email records.
Although this field is optional, we highly recommend you to use it to avoid trashing your recipients' inbox.
How does it work?
Ways to send survey
Below are the various ways you can send surveys.
- Send a single survey manually
- Send surveys in bulk (up to 1000)
- Use triggers to automate sending of surveys
- Use zapier to automate sending of surveys
How do you handle duplicate survey response?
For one-click email survey, OnVoard will always use the first survey response. If user clicks on survey answer multiple times, OnVoard will redirect them to action based on the first survey response. This prevent users from navigating around survey rules.
For example, given NPS survey with the following configuration:
- If score is 8 or above, prompt for review request.
- If score is below 8, show thank you message.
This is how the timeline would play out:
- User clicks on 9 from survey, gets redirected to a page prompting for review request.
- User goes back to email and clicks on 6 the second time.
- Use gets redirected back to the same page prompting for review request.
Besides preventing users from navigating around survey rules, this approach also allows your users to return back to review request page.